How to Build a Web Site in
1. Download a piece of web authoring software - 20 minutes.
2. Think about what you want to write on your web page - 6 weeks.
3. Download the same piece of web authoring software, because they have
released three new versions since the first time you downloaded it - 20
4. Decide to just steal some images and awards to put on your site - 1
5. Visit sites to find images and awards, find five of them that you like
- 4 days.
6. Run setup of your web authoring software. After it fails, download it
again - 25 minutes.
7. Run setup again, boot the software, click all toolbar buttons to see
what they do - 15 minutes.
8. View the source of others' pages, steal some, change a few words here
and there - 4 hours.
9. Preview your web page using the web authoring software - 1 minute.
10. Try to horizontally line up two images and try to figure out why one is a
thumbnail - 6 hours.
11. Remove one of the images - 3 seconds.
12. Set the text's font color to the same color as your background, wonder why
all your text is gone - 4 hours.
13. Download a counter from your ISP - 4 minutes.
14. Try to figure out why your counter reads "You are visitor number
+16.3E10" - 3 hours.
15. Put 4 blank lines between two lines of text - 8 hours.
16. Fine-tune the text, then prepare to load your web page on your ISP -
17. Accidentally delete your complete web page - 1 second.
18. Recreate your web page - 2 days.
19. Try to figure out how to load your web page onto your ISP's server -
20. Your ISP deletes
your web page - 1 second
21. Download FTP software - 10 minutes.
22. Find out after
reading all about uploading FTP your ISP uses Frontpage extensions
- 4 days.
23. Upload your web page to your ISP's server - 10 minutes.
24. Connect to your site on the web - 1 minute.
25. Repeat any and all of the previous steps - eternity.
Some of these steps are
true......But it's all fun................